4 2 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Will not start

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

For the past few weeks, my desktop will not start normally.  I have tried opening in safe mode, but nothing.  The power comes on, and the fan.  I was able to get it to load by pushing the F5 key, but not anymore.  I get a series of 6 short beeps.  Help!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Without knowing your specific PC or the additional troubleshooting steps you may have already attempted, I would venture to guess you have either a motherboard issue or an issue with a component plugged into one of the slots of your motherboard.  Have you made recent changes to the computer like adding memory or a video card?  An easy thing to try first is to uplug the PC and open it up and check for any loose components, reseat memory sticks, video card,  etc. Take a look at this document for more details:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07107

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
4 2 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help.  I took it to a local PC repair shop, and found that the motherboard was bad.

0 Kudos
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,659
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

4, 5, 6, 7
Fatal errors related to the operation of critical motherboard components - such as the CPU.

How old is the computer?

Is the HP Warranty still active?

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation