Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
z620
Other

I tried to upgrade my CPUs in my Z620 from E526030V2 to E52697v2. Workstation wouldn't boot up and even when I swap back the CPUs still won't boot. Tried resetting BIOS, removing and reseating video card, memory etc. No lights on keyboard but there is power to the USB ports. No output to screen either. Won't boot from USB either and Fans are really loud. if I remove the CPU from the main board I get the 3 red light error and bleeping but with it in light stays blue and no bleeps so not sure if the motherboard is blown or what.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Geordie12311 -- Fans are really loud

When you power-on the computer, it first runs the POST (Power On Self Test).

Part of that POST is to speed-up the fans to 100% speed, and, of course, 100% noise.

Then, when the motherboard detects that the temperature of the motherboard & CPU is "normal", it tells the fans to slow-down, and thus get quieter.

So, in your case, the POST is not successfully completing.

Your computer cannot boot if the POST did not successf1ully complete.

within it light stays blue

That is an indication that the power-supply is delivering powering to the motherboard.

So, your power-supply could be OK -- it should output several voltage-levels, but that might be a problem.

So, your computer has some sort of hardware problem. 

Seek help from a certified computer technician.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info  figured out it was the motheroard  that was the root cause. Sourced a replacement which has brought the system up again but need to update the bios as getting  incorect microcode error and suspect it's due to old bios version. Hopefully  a bios update will have it back up and running.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.