• ร—
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
  • ร—
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp 6200 pro
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi there!
i have same but different problem. i am just update bios for my hp compaq 6200 pro 2.2?? to 2.32 and after that just install windows 10 64bit. i am just facing the problemzzzzz i think
pc restart to slow
when power on pc doesn't show hp logo or bios menu and just start windows after mint or more and some time just power on and no display no beep after few mint pc turn off

then i download bios v2.21 and v2.28 after installing these there is no result of bios downgrading
plzzz hlp me
sorry for my bad english
thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is no way to go back to an older BIOS version, and the only thing you can do to have the PC restart in a reasonable amount of time is to do this...

Here is how to fix...

Turn off the PC...press the power button, then start tapping the ESC key until you are presented with the options menu.

From there, select SYSTEM SETUP. Once inside SYSTEM SETUP, select SECURITY, inside that menu select DEVICE SECURITY.

Once inside that menu, select EMBEDDED SECURITY DEVICE ---> DEVICE AVAILABLE, change this one thing to DEVICE HIDDEN.

Press F10 to save, and then go back in to double check it is HIDDEN.

Exit BIOS by saving all changes.

Reboot

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is no way to go back to an older BIOS version, and the only thing you can do to have the PC restart in a reasonable amount of time is to do this...

Here is how to fix...

Turn off the PC...press the power button, then start tapping the ESC key until you are presented with the options menu.

From there, select SYSTEM SETUP. Once inside SYSTEM SETUP, select SECURITY, inside that menu select DEVICE SECURITY.

Once inside that menu, select EMBEDDED SECURITY DEVICE ---> DEVICE AVAILABLE, change this one thing to DEVICE HIDDEN.

Press F10 to save, and then go back in to double check it is HIDDEN.

Exit BIOS by saving all changes.

Reboot

HP Recommended

Thanks man its much better than before.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

But hp logo? Like old boot shows first hp logo then next boot for Windows?๐Ÿ˜ฅ

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know what to do about that problem.

โ€  The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.