Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 23-r010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my wife's HP all in one did a bios update when the pc restarted 8 beeps then restarts in a  continuous loop what did HP updates do to my wife's pc  and how do they intend on fixing it 

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for trying to help me out but i have tried many steps to get my wifes pc back up and running but i can't get f11 f2 f10 f8 f12 to work i wish she had never gone to the HP support Assistant she said it promoted her to update bios so not sure what hp did to her pc but even know the warranty is out they must fix it been married 20 years and i have bought nothing but HP pc good product but after hearing my wife bleep non stop about hp assistant i may never buy one again. everything i try it does the same thing and does not give a problem code just 8 beeps and restarts over and over Her pc is used for the kids to do school work while we are locked down  

HP Recommended

I have also created a usb drive and it did not work  if you know of anything else please inform me 

HP Recommended

Hi

Sorry.

Nothing helpful comes to mind.

Screen shows nothing?

Re-Post the problem and someone else may have a better insight.

I have been told these are not really suitable, but desperate times..... 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03518165

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04500219

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html HP Notebook PCs - The computer boots to a black screen

This describes troubleshooting steps for what to do when the computer boots to the black screen.

Step 1: Creating a 3-in-1 USB Key

Follow these steps to create a 3-in-1 USB Key.

1. Click here to download HP PC Diagnostics (SP69063) onto your computer. Make sure to note the location of where the file is diagnostic tool is saved. When the HP PC Diagnostics tool is finished downloading, an InstallShield window opens.

NB:- IT TAKE's AN HOUR TO DOWNLOAD THE (1 GB) HP DIAGNOSTICS TOOL.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the help but with the 3 in one key it loads up saying no bios image i think due to hp updating the bios so it worked just enough to tell me that now how do i get a bios image put back in to it 

HP Recommended

Hi

Refer to my earlier/first post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Step 2: Use the USB disk “3-in-1 USB Key? to restore the BIOS
Follow these steps to restore BIOS from the USB drive.
1. Turn off the computer.
2. Insert the USB disk that you formatted in Step 1.
3. Press the Windows Image + B keys.
NOTE: 
If the “start? key and the “B? keys are broken in the computer, you can press the four direction keys at the same time to enter the mandatory recovery programs.
4. Press the power button.
5. When the computer turns on, press and hold the Windows Image + B keys for three to five seconds.
The Caps Lock lights blinks three to five times.
On some computers, the UEFI BIOS recovery interface displays (show only, cannot control), when the BIOS recovery operations starts. On other computers, the Caps Lock and Num Lock blink at this time, but nothing displays on the screen. After three to five minutes, the message BIOS recovery is successful displays (different models, this interface will be different).
NOTE: 
The interface varies in different models.
6. After the BIOS Recovery completes, check the BIOS version and do the necessary update.
The BIOS Recovery Key contained in the ROM file is not necessarily the newest version.
NOTE: 
If the screen does not display after five minutes, it means the recovery cannot be completed

~~~~~~~~

I am out of practical ideas, it is beyond me, but not necessarily others here.

HP Recommended

Hi

HP All-in-One - 23-r010  ???

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-23-r000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/7779732/model/7784241/m...

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-23-r000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/7779732/mod...

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 2B3B)
A0.10 Rev.A 5.7 MB Oct 13, 2016 Download
HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 2B3C)
A0.10 Rev.A 6.8 MB May 14, 2018 Download
HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 2B40)
A0.16 Rev.A 7.2 MB Feb 1, 2018 Download

The SSID IS CRUCIAL.  Mine's an 8130.

SSID WiFi Born On.png

HP Recommended

I deeply grateful for your help but i don't know what the HP assistant has  done to my pc it says bios flash missing i cant get none of the window keys none of the F keys to work i have tried the same steps with my keyboard same effect  with the 3 in one key it will show a different screen but it says bios flash is missing will not let me do nothing and it has a countdown of 15 sec then it starts back in a loop i have 6 usbs with different things on them from uefi to bios hp-tools etc nothing works I do believe that the bios and the recovery programs are gone  I honestly believe cence HP assistant hurt my wife's pc HP should fix it it's only the right thing to do was nothing wrong with my wife's pc till after the update I bought it from HP webstore last year paid around 550.00 for it the warranty says 5 years ago witch is bs 

HP Recommended

Hi

Because you do not know the Main Board SSID and which BIOS to use, I suggest HP directly to resolve the situation.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.