Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 550-113nl DT PC ITL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi from Ialy,

I clean the dust inside, I removed all USB connectors, sata connectors, wireless board, videoa board, but the error remains...

Removing the RAM the error is 3 long beeps plus 2 short beeps.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot and Whishes for the New Year

GB

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@GB60

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the computer is not booting into the windows anymore,

To provide an accurate solution,
I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of this computer? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you performed any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

Please click on the below links once you identify the blink code and resolve the issue:

Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot

Computer Does Not Start and Emits a LED or Beep Code

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Riddle_Decipher,

and thanks a lot for your answer, I really appreciated a lot for both speed and competence...!

Regarding your questions, these are the data I read on the Desktop PC plate:

HP Pavilion Desktop

Product No. P1H89EA#ABZ

HP Pav 550-113nl DT PC ITL

and yes, I read the note BIOS flashing light error codes (Computers released after April 2015)

fauding that the 3 long beeps followed by 3 short beeps are due to

"Potential graphics chip failure: the embedded controller timed out waiting for BIOS to return from graphics initialization"

and the proposed solution was

"If the card is not integrated, reseat it then test, try with another known working card then test, or replace the card if necessary.".

I extracted end reseated the card, nothing changed, I inserted an old graphic card from another PC and the error remained

the same but, because the old card has the VGA connector also, at the end of 5 times of 3 long + 3 short beeps, the VGA monitor lited up and the boot happened showing me the usual username and password.

So I think it's only matter of configuration (the PC was connected to a DVI monitor via DVI cable that I don't have at home...) and tomorrow I will try to reconfigure the Graphic Board in order to assign as primary monitor the DVI and

verify so if the original Graphic Board is defective or not.

I will let you know my findings...

Thanks a lot again for your support

and have a great week,

GB

HP Recommended

Hi @GB60,

Thank you for the replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Why I always see copy paste answers?

I bet it was easyer to just say the meaning.

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.