Did you mean: 
scyl Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

boot device not found and disk 0 no media 0 bytes when i try to install windows manually

HP Pavilion 530-23w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Boot device not found (3F0)
Every time i try to boot into the PC, this shows up. I tried resetting default settings in BIOS and it still didnt work. So i decided to try to boot it up with my own windows 10 flash drive, but during the setup no device drivers were found and when i tried to poad in a driver, it said 'no signed device drivers were found'. Also, whrn i clicked browse drivers, there were 3 drives: USB Drive (D:), CD Drive (E:) and Boot (X:). Boot (X:) had all of the system files for windows, but i couldnt boot into it. I tried going to the command prompt and diskpart to fix this, but when i listed the disks, all that showed up were
Disk 1 Online 14GB 0B
Disk 0 No Media 0GB 0B

Disk 1 is my flash drive and i cant create a partition from disk 0.

Is there any way to fix this or boot up from Boot (X:)?
4 REPLIES 4
Provost Provost
Provost
9,716 9,630 903 2,624
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

boot device not found and disk 0 no media 0 bytes when i try to install windows manually

That would indicate that either the hard drive has failed or got disconnected.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
scyl Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

dude ur a[edit] god thank you

0 Kudos
2,974 2,918 182 516
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi scyl

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum. I would like to remind you again to please be respectful to those who offer suggestions in this Forum.  As a reminder the Rules of Participation state:

Be respectful. Respect your fellow users by keeping your tone positive and your comments constructive. Good or bad, your experiences are always welcome as long as they are offered in a courteous way. Respect people's time and attention by providing complete information about your question or problem, including product name and model number. People like helping those who ask good questions.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
peace123465 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

thank

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation