Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion dm4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was trying to install windows on my laptop for that purpose I have made a bootable USB, but unfortunately it doesn't bootup when I restart my laptop. So I decide to change the bootup preference of USB to the highest, and accendently I enabled something. Now the problem is that whenever I turn on my laptop, the screen remains black till the lock screen. no windows loading screen, no bootup option, none key work (i.e F2, F8, F10, Esc, Del, Tab). After the lock screen shows up everything works fine.

Now I need to install windows the laptop is now not going in sysem BIOS and SETUP.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi

Can you post a picture of the Lock Screen?

Is it a Power On Password that you set, or some other password perhaps?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.