Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavillion 570 p027c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have a ssd drive and hard drive, when i updated bios to f35, the boot time slowed from seconds to minutes. not a big problem, but when it went from seconds to minutes it seems like eternity. i am talking about the time it takes from turn on to sign in screen.  can you turn a drive on or off if it is not used at the present time( my hard drive) to speed up boot time (not the ssd)

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@joeychan Riddle me this: Do you mean the slow performance is only limited to windows startup and occurred after the "windows" update? If yes, here's what you need to do:
(If not, please elaborate and I'll help you accordingly)

1. Make sure you have the latest updates for Windows and device drivers

2. Restart your PC and open only the apps you need

3. Check memory and memory usage

4. Check for low disk space and make some room

5. Restore your PC from a system restore point

6. Disable unnecessary startup programs

7. Check for and remove viruses and malware

8. Check for corrupted Windows system files

9. Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows

10. Adjust or turn off OneDrive sync

11. Reset your PC

Click here for details. 

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It happened after bios update from hp along with some driver updates from hp

HP Recommended

Yes only start up from hp sysmbol to sign in page takes minutes instead of seconds

HP Recommended

see my other posts

HP Recommended

@joeychan Did you click on the link I shared earlier and go through the steps? if not, here's the link again: Click here

And let me know how that goes.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.