Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G1
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

can I use 120W power adapter instead of 135W power adater on HP EliteDesk 800 g1?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Assuming the adapter is genuion HP,  If you have it I would say try it and see what happens.  I believe the genuion OEM adapters have some smarts in them.  I have used high and low capacity ones with my Zbook.  The lower ones report they are not optimal, but still work.  We have a lot of EliteDesk computers.  I've gotten them switched before with out damage.  Like plugging a 65W into a machine that normaly uses a 135W.  Machine just did not turn on.

It also depends on how much the unit uses and options.  If it has a fast processor, maxed on memory, CD drive, and powering lots of USB devices, then yeah you might have a problem.  FYI each USB port is capable of supplying 5 Vdc at 0.5 amps.  So if 6 USB ports were used at max, that would be 15 watts.

HP Recommended

You can try it and see if you are experiencing any issues...like drop in performance...or like the coleague said below...it wont start.

Mike
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.