Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 15 ak032tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

can i plugged in my laptop overnight only with a/c or power adapter with removing the battery ? i mean my internet kinda slow sometimes so i have to finish downloading the files before dawn.. wil it effect on my laptop ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If possible, leave the battery connected. If you remove the battery and if the power is disconnected for some reason you could experience file corruption or data loss. It is better to have the battery available to take over if there is a loss of power. If you are worried about damaging your battery by leaving it connected overnight, just run the battery down a little bit and charge it back up again the next day.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

If possible, leave the battery connected. If you remove the battery and if the power is disconnected for some reason you could experience file corruption or data loss. It is better to have the battery available to take over if there is a loss of power. If you are worried about damaging your battery by leaving it connected overnight, just run the battery down a little bit and charge it back up again the next day.

HP Recommended

Hi,

All modern battries and chargers now know when to stop chanrging. My observations: we left our laptops on chargers 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week and after 2 years their batteries were much better than batteries on other laptops.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

thnx for the solution !!...i have some other doubt too.. what about gaming purposes ? im not an extreme gamer tho..i usually play at low resolution. so in this case should i removing the battery with power adapter plugged in ? and what is the best temperature when gaming ??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.