Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i've read on multiple forum posts that the repeated beeping has to do with either my ram or processing unit, both have been reseated and seem fine. problems only started arriving when i installed a new graphics card, finally upgraded from a Radeon 6670 HD to a NVidia GTX 1650. I have 4 sticks of ram, each vengeance lp 16GB, i Don't specifically remember what my CPU is, i know it's an i7 series. Anyone have any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@XCDKK 

Repeated beeping can be caused by virtually ANY hardware issue, including incompatible graphics card.

For desktops, this HP thread describes the different blink and beep codes: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07107?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the reply, but I tried putting my other graphics card back in and it still didn't work. I tried searching if the motherboard is compatible with the graphics card, and I'm pretty sure it is. The motherboard is a gigabyte ga-79x-ud3, and im almost certain it works with a GTX 1650. There's also no led lights on the computer. Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

@XCDKK 

You could try checking with Gigabyte to see what cards that motherboard supports.

Does the motherboard have an LED on it that lights when it is powered on? If so, and the LED is not on, that means the motherboard is either not getting power from the PSU or it is dead.  Same would be true if the fans are not spinning up when you first turn on the PC.

An incompatible video card would result in no display and some beeping, but the LED and fans should still work.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I would believe that it's a video card problem, everything seems to show that. But when I put the old one back in it still doesn't work. Along with that it is a compatible card listed by gigabyte. However when I turn the PC on it does exactly as you describe, fans turn on but no display. There's also no led light anywhere

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.