Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

critical error message, Start menu is not working , we will try to fix it next time you sign on ( only it does not) also e-mail and internet icon have dissapeared

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Woodsman16

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Perform a system reset in Windows

Refer this HP document to do the reset:- Click here

If the issue persists, I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Woodsman16

Welcome to HP forums, I see that you are getting a critical error message on your notebook.

You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows 10.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed.

Here is a document that shows how to update drivers that are not working correctly with Windows 10.

Let me know if that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have a HP pavilion desktop and have tried what you suggested but to no avail

HP Recommended

@Woodsman16

Thanks for the reply.

Perform a system reset in Windows

Refer this HP document to do the reset:- Click here

If the issue persists, I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you redbrain your suggestion to reset solved the problem

HP Recommended

Hi @Woodsman16, I am the Mr.Robot. It looks like you were interacting with @sandytechy20, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned after performing a reset your issue resolved.

I am happy to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,
Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Many thanks the reset solved the problem, all is now operational

@sandytechy20 wrote:

@Woodsman16

Welcome to HP forums, I see that you are getting a critical error message on your notebook.

You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows 10.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed.

Here is a document that shows how to update drivers that are not working correctly with Windows 10.

Let me know if that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

HP Recommended

@Woodsman16

Thanks for the reply.

Good to know that the issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.