Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp pavilion 23-q113w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to unlock my desk top all in one computer. When you turn the computer on it has enter power-on password key.  Can anyone tell me how to unlock this computer.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi

Could you try removing the CMOS battery?

1. Turn off your computer and unplug it. For laptops make sure you remove the battery as well.
  2. Open the computer and look inside to find the small silver CMOS battery. It’s about the size of a quarter.
  3. Remove the battery.
  4. With the battery removed and the computer unplugged press and hold the power button for about twenty seconds. This will make sure there is absolutely no power left in your computer.
  5. If there is a jumper near the battery labeled something like “CMOS” then remove it, wait twenty seconds, then put it back the way it was.
  6. Put the CMOS battery back in. Close up your computer.
  7. Plug your computer back in and turn it on

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.