Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
6TT81EA#ABB
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I installed new ssd, OS Office all installed perfectly and in working order. I did this at my desk.

Put the workstation at final distination, booted workstation and get a 3F0 error, boot device not found. Shut workstation down, moved it to my desk, connected all cables and workstatons boots no problem.

Repeated moving workstation and got same 3F0 error at final destination.

Now its back at my desk and all works fine.

Bios is up to date, tried factory defaults, but not working at final destination. All fine at my desk.

Workstation is connected to 2x Ilyama 27"monitor, keyboard, mouse, waco Intuos Pro tablet.

Need help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, used same keyboard and mouse.

It turned out that a used displayport cable (btween monitor and workstation) might have been the problem. After replacing the cable with a brand new one the workstations boots with no problems at all.

I still do not understand why?? but end user is verry happy.

Thanks for all sugestions.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

If you are moving a formatted windows installed disk from one pc to another you will have to match the settings in setup. If the pc you installed windows in has a mbr/legacy boot then the pc it goes into will need the same. If the pc in which you installed windows has uefi /gpt format then the pc in which it goes will need the same in setup.  

HP Recommended

I did not move the hard disk, I moved the complete workstation.

So all devces are the same, only difference is the place where workstation is located.

HP Recommended

Very strange indeed. All I can think of is something loose. When you move the workstation, was it vertical in one place and horizontal in another? 

HP Recommended

Strange indeed. That's why the posting.

No loose connections, all double checked. M2 sdd is screwed at end, and thight in slot 0 .

HP Recommended

Is any other drive plugged in? Are you using the same keyboard and mouse? 

HP Recommended

Yes, used same keyboard and mouse.

It turned out that a used displayport cable (btween monitor and workstation) might have been the problem. After replacing the cable with a brand new one the workstations boots with no problems at all.

I still do not understand why?? but end user is verry happy.

Thanks for all sugestions.

HP Recommended

That's a weird one but a great find. well done and thanks for letting us know, will remember that one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.