Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
06-10-2021 10:25 PM
This is BIOS crisis recovery binary package for "HP PC Diagnostics 4-in-1 key" used.
Please unzipped the file and placed in the root folder of the USB key.
1. Downloading the "HP PC Diagnostics 4-in-1" Softpaq.
2. Follow the instruction to generate the USB key, called HP_TOOLS(E:).
3. Downloading this "HP PC Diagnostics 4-in-1 BIOS crisis recovery binary" Softpaq.
4. Extract the *.zip files to "HP_TOOLS(E:)\"
How do I generate this USB key ? There was NO instruction after extraction. Just used 3. & 4.
The MB does NOT pole the USB ... nothing happens except 8 beep on boot.
If I just place these files on C: HD would that work if USB is not poled ?
06-11-2021 10:48 AM
- Take an "empty" USB memory-stick, and connect it to your computer.
- Download the file.
- Copy the file to the memory-stick.
- Open the "root" folder of the memory-stick.
- Click with the second (usually the right-side) mouse button on the ZIP file.
- Choose "Extract All".
- When prompted to create a new folder, override it, to unpack the files into the "root" folder.
- On the affected computer, connect the memory-stick, and power-on the computer. It may automatically "see" the files, and launch the BIOS updater.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community