Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
251-a110z
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to get quicker boot up time. I have went through what starts up on bootup.

What would be best in bootup in Bios first, what it looks to when it boots up, like hard drive, usb,dvd?

Have tried to change, but now it seems to take longer.

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings Trekwatcher,

Happy to assist you again. 

I thought you did what I suggested in our first encounter.

Controlling how many startup items you have at boot is one way to improve boot time.

The best bang for the buck method to improve overall system responsiveness (including boot time) is to upgrade from a platter HDD to a SATA SSD.

You will go from an approximate 150 Mb/s read and write times to up to 500 Mb/s read and write times.

Added thought (edited after original response):

Messing with BIOS boot order is not going to improve Windows boot times.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks, yes i am looking into new ssd, but untill that happens, just looking for ways to improve start up.

thanks again

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.