Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp pro 3090 mt
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
Sir i have problem with bios password i dont know the password i want to install windows 10 on this pc but i cant go to the bios please help me
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Did it help you  ?

Nitin singh

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi,

On the motherboard there will be a small jumper pins to clear the Bios password. Usually there are three or six pins. One pair for normal startup which will be covered with small plastic jumper switch, one pair to clear password (CLEAR_PWD or CLR CMOS on motherboard) , one pair to reset Bios to factory settings. You have to move the jumper to the clear password pins (or reset Bios) and boot the computer. Press F1 to enter Bios and clear or change password. Turn off PC. Next remove the jumper and place it on normal startup again.

Let me know if you need further help,

David

HP Recommended

As we  have properly understood your issue you want to remone the BIOS password. Please read this information carefully:

To reset the password, unplug the PC, open the cabinet andremove the CMOS battery for approx. 15-30 minutes and then put it back. It'll reset all BIOS settings as well as the passwordand you'll need to re-enter all settings. If it fails, then try toremove the battery for at least one hour.

Nitin

HP Recommended
thanks its help full
HP Recommended

Did it help you  ?

Nitin singh

HP Recommended
i did this but this not happening
HP Recommended

HP PRO 3090 MT Business pc 

serial no- [Personal Information Removed]

Product NO- VY707AV

How to remove bios password 

HP Recommended
Hi.
Cannot seem to locate the jumper on my motherboard. Please assist.
HP Recommended

Hi Jimmie31,

Please provide the exact model or product number of your PC.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended
Pavilion p2
I have a message that asking for the powr-on password key I don't know it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.