Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 34 inch All-in-One Desktop PC 34-c0000 (388P6AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

After just 24 hours this brand new highly recommended computer crashed and ended up in a loop where it would retart, stay on for less than 5 minutes and then crash and restart again. That went on for a couple hours, I called support and they kept telling me to try various things that couldn't be done because the system wouldn't stay on long enough. After resetting several times, it finally reset for the last time and now says it can't find a harddrive or a boot disc. I am returning this thing and wonder what happened to quality control? I had such high hopes for this system and now I can't trust it. I won't get another one because what if the same thing happens after the limited warranty runs out. I would not purchase this system - no matter how nice it seems, it will crash and not work - creating headaches and who knows what kind of expense to have it repaired - if it can be repaired. When I spent over $2,000 for a computer, I expect it to be well made and work. What a disappointment. Do not buy until HP improves their quality control.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello
what do you want us to tell you here?
The computer is fortunately guaranteed, take advantage of it
If you have the possibility, have it exchanged, reimbursed by the seller
Hard drive failure can happen to anyone, any brand.
What you have to see is after-sales service, not all at the same level!
My wife was satisfied for a few years with Asus, and then one day, it wasn't the same
two computers exchanged in one week, for the same problem

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Exactly.  As @Prométhée says, try talking with the vendor.  If you bought directly from HP, then contact support directly as this forum is user to user.

I will tell you to try this, however, to see if the hard drive has really failed.  Run the Diagnostics routine, the computer does not start in the normal way when doing this.

To run the Diagnostics routine, Start tapping the Esc key BEFORE starting the PC and then press the start button.
Keep tapping the Esc key until a popup menu shows. Then pick Diagnostics from that popup menu, F2.
Report back with the results.

I do know that if you have to send it to HP for repairs, it will take some time.  If you bought it from a vendor other than HP, then typically will just exchange it for another new one.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.