Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pav 570-p030nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!! I have problems when I start my pc, a screen opens saying that the srtTrail.exe file has problems. I would like to know how to reuse the pc normally without losing personal data. I await your response. suluti

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try steps at this site (Link) for a fix.

Fix 5: a Restore will cause data loss subsequent to the restore point. A Reset will cause data loss.

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try steps at this site (Link) for a fix.

Fix 5: a Restore will cause data loss subsequent to the restore point. A Reset will cause data loss.

Regards

HP Recommended

isn't there a way to not lose data?

HP Recommended

Hi,

The first three steps will not cause data loss. Step four would not cause data loss. I have never tried step four; disabling auto repair would not fix the problem if you are caught in a failing auto repair loop. The repair function is broke.

Step five will cause data loss because you are either using a previous Microsoft recovery point or you are resetting the PC. You may have no Microsoft recovery points or your last recovery point could be months ago.

Have you tried the first three steps? Did any fix the problem?

If "no" to either question then I did not help you solve the problem.

You could remove the HDD, connect it to a different PC as a data drive to copy data over to an external drive.

Then you could do a reset. Reconfigure Windows to your liking and transfer data from the external drive to the new operating system installation.

You should look into using Macrium Reflect free (Link) to create system image backups. I use this software with great results. A backup or recovery is quick if you have fast drives. Now you only lose data you added to the system based on the latest system backup. So you only have to account for, or make provisions for, limited data loss if you make weekly backups.

You should also create Macrium USB boot media so you can work with backups when you cannot start your PC.

Regards

HP Recommended

risolto, ho fatto il backup da hp recovery manager che ho inserito in una chiavetta USB e poi ripristinato il pc

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.