Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 11-k058na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was already on Windows 10 and updated to the latest version. Since this update everytime I startup my HP Pavilion x360 I get the following error:

"AccelerometerSt.exe - System Error

The code execution cannot proceed because accelerometerdll.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem"

Any guidance on what to do next would be gratefully received.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

Open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry for HP 3D DriveGuard and select Uninstall.

When this has completed, restart the notebook.

When windows has reloaded, download and install the version of HP 3D DriveGuard on the following link.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78033.exe

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

Open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry for HP 3D DriveGuard and select Uninstall.

When this has completed, restart the notebook.

When windows has reloaded, download and install the version of HP 3D DriveGuard on the following link.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78033.exe

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for your help I will give this a go now 🙂

HP Recommended

This worked, thank you very much

HP Recommended

accelerometerSt.exe - system error report,  the codeexcution cannot proceed because accelerometerdll.DLL was not found. reinstalling the program may fix this problem. 

many time i uninstall the hp 3D drive guard and reinstall but is not completely uninstall because when i reinstall hp 3D live guard its saying to over write thats why the error message apearing every startup.

HP Recommended

My initial message was as follows

AccelerometerSt.exe-System Error

The program cannot start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I uninstalled the 3D DriveGuard as instructed, restarted my HP Pavilion, and went to the link http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78033.exe but I must have done something wrong. I followed the install instructions after the download and ended up with Microsoft Visual C ++ 2012 Redistributable (x86) - 11.0.51106 (17.4MB) and Microsoft Visual C ++ 2012 Redistriutable (x64) - 11.0.51106 (20.5MB). When I looked in my program files I could not find 3D DriveGuard only the 2 Microsoft programs as installed today.  What do I do now?????

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.