Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion p6-2416el
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Time ago was added a Samsung 128 gb ssd, to be used as first drive. Now windows doesn' t load, and I can access only the bios. I tried to vary the boot order, disable secure boot etc., without success. Hardware tests are good. I tried to update the bios ( from 8.12 to 8.20 ) but didn' t succeed in creating a usb bios flash drive, because the downloaded sp file doesn't give the option: create a usb bios flash disk. What can I do now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@flavioc,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

As this is a hardware issue, please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@flavioc,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

As this is a hardware issue, please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I already talked with HP support, thanks. They suggested a clean install of Windows. It works. But since I committed the error of disconnecting the second hdd during install, now it is not seen in This PC. Maybe I' ll reinstall again.

HP Recommended

@flavioc,

As you have mentioned that you disconnected the hard drive during the installation, this could be one of the issues. 

As suggested you could try to reinstall the Operating system and let me know how it goes!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I reinstalled windows with both drives connected, but the issue persisted.

Then, with a partitioning program, I eliminated an old little oem partition on the old disk. So the drive became visible as "raw". I backupped it with aomei backupper, then formatted. Then i could see both drives in This Pc.

The last problem is that if restore the backup the issue returns. And the backup in the external drive can't be opened ( I backupped the whole disk ).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.