Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

i have a s5-1210t trying to add a graphics card when i do the PC wont boot.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Sorry to tell you your PC has a Legacy BIOS which cannot be upgraded to a UEFI BIOS.

You have not provided which graphics card you are trying to install in your PC.

Newer Nvidia and AMD graphics cards require a UEFI BIOS.

You can do a Nvidia 600 series graphics card. But your PC's 220 watt power supply will have to be upgraded.

So you have two problems.

Don't know what you want to do with gaming. You also have potential CPU and MB DMI problems.

This PC is not a good candidate for current AAA gaming titles.

Regards

HP Recommended

as far as the won't boot when I put a card in.  it seems hp has slot security, I had to disable that and that took care of it.

as far as the power supply. I found an upgrade for it that had 330-watt can you give me a couple of cards to look at with the 330-watt power supply?

HP Recommended

Hi,

I could try to assist but you have to tell me what you want to do with the graphics card.

A 330 watt power supply will limit what graphics card upgrade you can do.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.