Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elitedesk 800 g1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having problems with my Desktop PC "HP Elitedesk 800 g1". The motherboard has 4 RAM slots, I was using 16 GBs of Ram (4GB x4) . Up until I had to de-assemble the tower components due to dust cleaning & adding of new Thermal paste. Now only 2 of my RAM slots work, when I insert to the other two that's not working, I hear a beep loop sound that plays two times, then the sound and spinning of the fans start to increase as if it's about to explode.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Msiyana 

When you removed the CPU fan and housing to replace the thermal paste, were you careful to ensure that you were (1) wearing an industry standard grounding strap, and (2) the strap was actually grounded to something that would dissipate the static electricity you would pass along to the motherboard when you touched it?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

No sir. I didn't even know of that.  How can I fix this problem now ? If I insert the other two RAMs on the 2 slots, I get 5 short beep sounds.

HP Recommended

@Msiyana 

You can't -- as any damage is already done.  If you are going to work on PC motherboards, then you need to educate yourself in advance regarding the safety precautions to take.  It is too late now.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.