Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I think it's better to ask HP customer care they will handle it. Thanks

DO GOOD HAVE GOOD
HP Recommended

Hi!, @Eric73 :

I do not understand why you sent the address of Minecraft. I do not think it has anything to do with the theme of the Forum that we are dealing with.
With respect to the SSD, the one that you send is the correct one. However, you decide, what to do.

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
HP Recommended

This thread has spun out of control with a lot of repetition of the same information and inconsistencies and off-point even odd observations. Why is the picture of the motherboard posted twice for example? I would be thoroughly frustrated with HP and the Community if I were the OP. Just sayin'

HP Recommended

@tomjbor12ab wrote:

looking to install 500gm m.2 ssd 2280 to my HP Omen 877-244. I cannot find the coresponding connection

Motherboard is IPM17_TP

Hi Tommyb1a,

Sorry to get involved in this thread. I have successfully helped other folks with this issue.

HP motherboards that have a M.2 socket (your PC has this) support PCIe NVME SSDs.

Return the SATA drive. Get a NVME drive.

You can copy the operating system from the existing boot drive to the new PCIe SSD. I use Macrium Reflect Free software (Link) to do this.

Regards

HP Recommended

That seems to be the consensus. Get an NVME M.2. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for all the assistamce.

I bought the m.2 2280 from crucial.

I returned it. When iI check the NVME SSD the site states it is not conpatable for my Omen 870-244

Crucial P1 500GB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD     CT500P1SSD8

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.