Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Ok, I have the 8200 Elite Microtower. I have read and read and read about the graphics card upgrade and no PSU ugrade. So, is this the case....the best card I could use for this system that requires 320 watts, would be a AMD Radeon R7 240?

HP Recommended

I have a Compaq 6200 SFF that I plan to put a 320W PSU into from the 8200 . I want to add the 

EVGA GeForce GT 730 DirectX 12 (feature level 11_0) 02G-P3-2732-KR 2GB 128-Bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 Low Profile Ready Video Card .  Will it work?

HP Recommended

Hello,

I know the topic is very old but people like me are trying to update old hardware even in 2017 :).

I have a HP 8100 Elite SFF and recently transformed it into a gaming rig:

- 16 GB RAM (For 8100 you need Low Density but for 8200 High Density might work because of the newer chipset). 

Low density that I found: https://patriotmemory.com/product/signature-line-4gb-1333mhz-single-module-3/ 

- Upgraded the HDD to a SSD (Kingston UV400)

- Used the nVidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti Low Profile (4GB GDDR5 128 bit)

I managed to play Battlefield 1 on ULTRA at over 50 fps

Doom (2016 edition) on ULTRA at 60fps.

League of Legends at over 120 fps (Very Hight graphics).

The PSU (240W) supports this configuration without issues.

I hope this info will help. Cheers!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.