Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pro Tower 400 G9
Microsoft Windows 11

J'ai inséré une carte graphique et l'ordinateur a émis un bip et a refusé de démarrer ? y a t'il un parametre à adapter pour que la carte soit reconnue ? (bios ?)

I inserted a graphics card and the computer beeped and refused to boot? Is there a parameter to adapt for the card to be recognized? (bios?)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JeanLouis75,

An MSI GT 730 has a 49-watt TDP.  Your 180-watt power supply should be able to power it.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@JeanLouis75,

Welcome to our peer-to-peer HP Community Forum!

The beeping could be caused if your power supply is not powerful enough to power your graphics card &/or your graphics card requires one or more PCIe power supply cable(s) which your power supply doesn't have.

Please share what power supply you got, and what model graphics card you tried to make work.

Speaking of power supplies, there are three (3) different power supplies which are compatible with your HP Pro Tower 400 G9:

180-watt, p/n: N06218-001 "SKO-PSU 180W EPA90 1x12V"
260-watt, p/n: M86263-001 "SKO-PSU 260W ENT22 EPA92 2x12V"
400-watt, p/n: N03175-001 "SKO-PSU 400W 3x12V EPA92"

Btw, the best power supply would be the 400-watt model, but I could not locate an eCommerce site in France -including HP, which also didn't have this PSU in stock:

NonSequitur777_0-1703360068312.png

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Hi

Thank you for the answer.

I will try to use Graphic card MSI N730K-2GD3H/LPV1

which seems to be very low-energy. If it still doesn't work, i will change the power supply.

best regards

HP Recommended

@JeanLouis75,

An MSI GT 730 has a 49-watt TDP.  Your 180-watt power supply should be able to power it.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Sorry but the test with graphic card MSI GT 730 which has 49-watt TDP is not working...

I checked the  power supply unit of my HP Pro Tower 400 G9 : it's a 260W (HP PN: M76034-006) 12.1V / 18A

it's really surprising.

any idea ?

thank you.

HP Recommended

@JeanLouis75,

Thank you for verifying the wattage on your power supply!

That is really surprising, as per TechPowerUp, a 260-watt power supply should have no problem whatsoever to power an MSI GT 730 graphics card.

Incidentally, the HP Pro Tower 400 G9 PCI Desktop PC data sheet indicates that in addition to a 180-watt and your 260-watt power supply, there is a 400-watt power supply as well, with p/n: L04618-800:

NonSequitur777_1-1704584721276.png

But you definitely do not need a 400-watt power supply to power a GT 730.

The only reason I can think of why it doesn't work (other than that the GT 730 is defective), is that a GT 730 comprises ten-year-old technology. Meaning, pairing a legacy graphics card like the GT 730 with a very new PC may be problematic. Perhaps you want to try out a (low profile) GTX 1050 Ti or a (low profile) GTX 1650 if you can?  -You would get much better graphics performance as well, and it wouldn't break the bank, so to speak.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen,

Come to think of it, maybe the BIOS UEFI/Legacy setting could make @JeanLouis75's card work? -I haven't encountered this issue myself, and I believe you have addressed this before.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

The GT 730 should work with that PC with the default settings, but disabling the secure setting would be the only thing I can think of to try.

HP Recommended

Thank you. I disabled the secure boot and it works fine...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.