Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0063na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What RAM would this pc require? I already have the standard 8GB and want upgrade with another 8GB. Thanks

this is the computer it's a 

HP Pavilion 590-p0063na

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c06378057

The support i require is to know what RAM I could fit in it and where to buy it from (HP ram I assume it would be)

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

DDR4-2666 is the type RAM and you could get RAM with better latency but it does not have to be CL-19. Most of the online retailers have that type and brands such as Corsair, G. Skill, or Crucial. You do not have to buy Crucial RAM at their site and their RAM is Micron and is the same quality as the other brands. No I do not have any affiliation with Crucial, just pointing out popular brands.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You can add another 8 GB as the system will take up to 32 GB RAM total. This support page has more information. HP RAM part numbers are here. You can also purchase HP compatible RAM here. And that is DDR4 2666 RAM.

HP Recommended

I would like to know what RAM to shop for online. Is it a certain type (like CL-19) or whatever

HP Recommended

DDR4-2666 is the type RAM and you could get RAM with better latency but it does not have to be CL-19. Most of the online retailers have that type and brands such as Corsair, G. Skill, or Crucial. You do not have to buy Crucial RAM at their site and their RAM is Micron and is the same quality as the other brands. No I do not have any affiliation with Crucial, just pointing out popular brands.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.