Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - 570-p024nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I'd like to add a firewire card to my pc but I don't know if it is possible, can somebody help me?
I mean one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Firewire-Expansion-Rosewill-RC-504-Controller/dp/B004F3DM6C

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@rokenlacked , welcome to the forum.

Here is the Motherboard Specifications page for the computer.  If you look at the section titled "Expansion Slots" you will see there are no PCI Express x1 slots for add-on cards.  Therefore, you won't be able to add a Firewire or any other cards.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

@Old_geekster hey, since I was asking that because I wanted to connect an audio interface to my pc, do you know if there is any other way to connect it without a firewire port?

HP Recommended

@rokenlacked, I am not certain what you mean by an audio interface, but the best options you would have are using either USB 2.0 or USB 3.0.  Here is an article that may help you solve your problem.  Please let me know if this helps.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.