Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Elite Slice
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an Elice Slice that came with 256G SSD. I believe it doesn't have a HDD and was wondering if I could add one for additional storage.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@joepug , welcome to the forum.

Here is the Maintenance and Service Guide for the computer.  In Chapter 4, Removal and replacement procedures – HP Elite Slice base module, Pages 28 thru 30, is a list of compatible hard drives and instructions for removing and installing them.  Also, the Guide has all of the other information that you need on the computer.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@joepug , welcome to the forum.

Here is the Maintenance and Service Guide for the computer.  In Chapter 4, Removal and replacement procedures – HP Elite Slice base module, Pages 28 thru 30, is a list of compatible hard drives and instructions for removing and installing them.  Also, the Guide has all of the other information that you need on the computer.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

@Old_geekster, thanks! The install looks pretty straightforward. Can I use the new HDD as an additional drive and keep the original drive as is (boot drive)?

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @joepug!

Q:  Can I use the new HDD as an additional drive and keep the original drive as is (boot drive)?

A:  Yes, this is no problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.