Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 510-p010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a few questions that still have not been answered for a long time. This is regarding adding a GTX 1050ti low profile to my pavilion 510-p010

1. Will the GTX 1050ti low profile by gigabyte fit in my PC? I ordered an Asus one but that didn't fit so I had to return it. (It was the one fanned Pheonix)

Card Link:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WWLWWJM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

2. Will any normal PSU work in this pc? The one I am thinking about buying is the Thermaltake  430W.

PSU Link:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BFJ91TY/ref=twister_B07RBCD515?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

3. Will I have software issues? I have asked this question before but I get mixed responses. 

Other Info To Know

-------------------------

CPU: i3 6100T

Current PSU: 180W by HP

Ram: 8gb ddr4(I believe)

SYSTEM BOARD: 81B4 00

BIOS: F.39

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Kaillou,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I checked the specifications of your computer and below are the expansion slots available on your computer.

• One PCI-E (GEN 3) x16 socket
  • One M.2 socket 1, key A

You can go ahead and install any graphics card which supports the above slot (Considering the form factory).

The power supply on your computer is 180 W uATX aPFC internal power supply. You can install any uATX aPFC internal power supply.

Refer to the below link for the product specifications.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-510-p000-desktop-pc-series/10734566/document/c05124...

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I tried to put in a 1050ti and it did not fit. Even the low profile cards will not fit because of the PSU cable to motherboard blocks the way for a card to go in. There is only 30cm of clearance and low profile cards are 35-40. Is there any way to avoid this bad engineering idea?

The PSU is right above the GPU slot and the 24pin connector is right below the PSU. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Also, this is the thing I'm talking about

Hamar motherboard top view

You can see the spacing between the GPU slot and the PSU connector

HP Recommended

@Kaillou,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Tbh I don't know what you're trying to tell me, but okay.

HP Recommended

Hi Kaillou,

A motherboard layout, such as yours, where the 24 pin PSU connection is directly beneath the PCIe x16 slot usually limits graphics card upgrades to a single slot graphics card.

Dual slot graphics cards don't fit.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.