Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming Desktop Product 7BB49AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I have a HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop and I was looking to see if I can add an additional hard drive to it. What kind of hard drive can I add? And do I need to upgrade my power supply too? Right now I have a SATA drive and a SSD drive that came with the system.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

hi

There is no specification page for this model
No indication of motherboard

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-tg01-0000i/29014479/model/3073462...
But you have it's generic indications

Upgrading and Servicing Guide

HP Pavilion Gaming TG01-0000 Desktop PC Series - Part Locator

HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC TG01-0000 Series - Systemboard Viewer

It will therefore be necessary to check what is in place, and what is possible
Indicated an SSD, maybe an M2
Even with the manual, we do not always see very well if there are two HDD slots or not?
Sometimes you can fit a Sata SSD, even if no slot you can find a small place

Check if a sata data connector is free..
Usually the data cable is not included
The Sata power cable is generally available, but not always, also check
so no, no need to change the power supply box

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I'm guessing also I can only add a HP hard drive due to the weird configuration  with the power connector on the motherboard?

HP Recommended

Sorry, I don't see what you are referring to exactly?
But if you have one and only one particular power sata connector, then, yes, an adapter would be needed

And harder to find if not standard, probably
It may therefore only be possible to remove the HDD, in order to replace it with an SSD, and why not transform the HDD, into an external USB disk, with an adapter
I try to give you a maximum of options, it's up to you

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.