Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion TP01-1026
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I like to add more storage. I saw there is a PCIe16 and PCIe1. I see there are PCIe Card with 2 M.2 nvme slots on it. Is this the best solution? Using it to browse and no gaming so I do not anticipate a graphic card or other advanced options. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Pavilion TP01-1026, spec page tells you this, google that?  no spec on PSU, zero, but is.L81008-800  (180watt)

only limits are physical (look inside first to see if mobo has SATA ports and extra PSU 15pin sata power cables.??????

slots and jacks and space.

hdd or SSD, 2.5 inch to sata port and 15pin power, all work it present those parts

baker mother board, and HP spec page that link to it is DEAD ,way to go HP.  BAKER MOBO it shows)

1 PCIe x16; 1 PCIe x1; 2 M.2 (1 for SSD, 1 for WLAN)

so the 2nd M.2 slot does not allow SSD there, see.

the mobo page is missing at HP so can not see what slots are there and are missing in the spec page, wow.

the train wrecked service manual, 50lang,. non worth reading , shows HDD cage so yes, put HDD or SSD 2.5' drive there.

the manauls at HP are horrible, now,  what happened to HP they  always had good manuals not now.

Dell wins this, HP loses.😂

see wreck here.

NO warranty answers by me.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Pavilion TP01-1026, spec page tells you this, google that?  no spec on PSU, zero, but is.L81008-800  (180watt)

only limits are physical (look inside first to see if mobo has SATA ports and extra PSU 15pin sata power cables.??????

slots and jacks and space.

hdd or SSD, 2.5 inch to sata port and 15pin power, all work it present those parts

baker mother board, and HP spec page that link to it is DEAD ,way to go HP.  BAKER MOBO it shows)

1 PCIe x16; 1 PCIe x1; 2 M.2 (1 for SSD, 1 for WLAN)

so the 2nd M.2 slot does not allow SSD there, see.

the mobo page is missing at HP so can not see what slots are there and are missing in the spec page, wow.

the train wrecked service manual, 50lang,. non worth reading , shows HDD cage so yes, put HDD or SSD 2.5' drive there.

the manauls at HP are horrible, now,  what happened to HP they  always had good manuals not now.

Dell wins this, HP loses.😂

see wreck here.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

PCIe x1+x16 card slots.jpg

Thank you, Savvy2, for the quick reply. I unfortunately had a fall early last week so I could not do anything and reply until now. Yes, I remember the days I saved enough money to buy a HP-41 as an entry level engineer. The manual was thicker than the calculator. It was the symbol of quality. I still have 3 HP calculators with my old slide rule from college days. Now that i probably should check if the batteries are still good inside. Back to the HP. There are 3 loose cables but none look like 15 pin SATA cable. So I have y eyes on the two PCIe slots. I see there are PCIe expansion cards that has 1 or 2 M.2 card slots. Can you advise if that is an option to add more storage? Thank you in advance.

3 cables.jpg

HP Recommended

3 cables.jpgPCIe x1+x16 card slots.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.