Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP PAVILION TP01-1017NL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I'm looking to buy an internal hard disk to add to my new PC, because I need a little bit more space than just 512GB of SSD, is it possible to buy a Barracuda 2,5" 1TB hard disk and put it in the PC? I could not find any HP tutorial on this, how can I install the HDD?

In the box I got the screws, I would also know if it's possible and what screwdriver to use for the drive installation and to open up the case. Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@alecs3 , welcome to the Community.

Here is a video that should help you with installing a second hard drive:

It is not for the same model, but it is for the same series.  HP no longer provides motherboard diagrams.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hello, I have another question, what hard drive ill fit? The 2"5" or the 3,5"?

HP Recommended

@alecs3 

I can't find any information on the size of the drive in HP specifications, but in the video that I provided the man is using a 3.5" drive.

HP Recommended

Hello and thanks for replying, sorry for my late response. I saw in the video that he got different screws, but in the box I found those screws, are those alright? 

The screws are L58031-001

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @alecs3!

They should work.  Here are the screws on ebay.  If for some reason they don't work, any reputable computer shop should be able to find some that will work.

HP Recommended

Hello, I would like to know what size or type are the screws so I can get a screwdriver if possible since they're not listed anywhere. Again, thanks for helping me!

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @alecs3!

The screws normally have phillips heads.  I can't tell you the exact size because it is not in HP's documents.  However, as I stated, a reputable computer shop should be able to help you solve your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.