Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 300-250
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My HP 300-250 have had major issues with the fan as it seems it is slowly failing.

I have tried to find the following part number: HP 795100-001

It is a fan but it doesn't exist anymore.

I would like to know if HP knows of an alternative with similar anchors.

It would be a pity to throw the computer since it is still doing an excellent job (in fact it performs better than my work laptop I received this year... 🙂

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The only ones I could find were special order / refurbished which means they were cleaned form dust after removing from a defective system.

There are several part number you can try not just that HP part

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803838308184.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt&_randl_shipto=US

FAN FOR HP PAVILLION 300 CPU Fan 13P149U0F01 FG7Q DFS501105FR0T 795100-001

You might be able to extend the life by replacing the mechanical HDD with an SSD.  Also use an air duster to clean the system good.  Disassembly video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXKVx_YTtD4

Possibly the FG7Q fan can be removed from its frame. If so then a replacement could be used.  I suspect that fan is used on several system and only the frame is different.

You might luck out but it did not work for me on the few I tried.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Thanks for your input BeemerBiker.

I looked for refurbished ones as well but to no avail. The link you sent me I had seen it. The person was selling it for a ridiculous price (almost same price as buying a whole used HP mini) and it isn't available anymore.

I tried to see whether it was possible to just change the fan and keep the frame but it isn't possible either (it is some sort of encased thing).

HP Recommended

I am guessing that anything like the following would work if it was the correct thickness

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265567555223

You would have to use aluminum or copper tape to fashion a hood for the fan to fit over the the fins of the heat sink

BeemerBiker_0-1664814520698.png

The connector would have to be rewired to use the old connector.

A real PITA but should work.

I had an Asus "box" about the same size and the design had the CPU pressing against the metal of the lid and there was no fan.  It did get hot though. 

It did not have all the feature of your HP system.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

From the initial link you sent, the fan is the exact one. If you see the anchor spots for the screws are very different from the the ebay link.

I have checked plenty of fans to see whether I could find something even 'similar enough'. It is quite unusual.

Best solution would be to keep the casing and somehow glue the motor and blades in the casing... but pretty hard to find either way since no one puts measurements. I measured and the diameter is 5 cm and thickness 5 mm (max 7 mm).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.