Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion 500 217c Amd Radeon hd 8570D graphics card.
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

HP shows 7 available graphics drivers available for my system.  How do I know which is the correct one?  I currently have 13.152.1000 9-10-13,  There are two available  with the same number, different dates one says hudson the other says Kagini.  Mine does not show either.  I keep getting message that the graphics has quit working and re-started itself.  in most cases the 1st solution offered is to update the driver.  There is one sp65005.exe which look like a good one to use, but, it is confusing when I check the available drivers for my system and it it shows 7 available drivers.  Any suggestions  Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, it is confusing, and what I recommend would be to install almost a sure thing...the latest W8.1graphics driver directly from AMD--sorted by the processor and graphics your PC has, as shown at the top of the webpage.  It is newer than any of the drivers HP has listed on your PC's support page.

Select the W8.1 64 bit driver from the list--full catalyst software suite, or you could try the slightly newer Beta package below that one.  Just bear in mind that the Beta is an 'experimental' driver.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a8-series-apu-for-desktops/a8-6500-rade...

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info will download and try the one you suggested. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Tried to install one of the drivers recommended for my system sp65005.exe 13.200.0.0 and while installing got message that my system was incompatible with the update.  Don't understand since it is suppose to be for the HP pavillion 500 217c with amd radeon hd 8570d graphics card.  Was not getting message that graphics stopped and re-started until I had to re-fresh my system because of corrupt data and files.  Have run DISM and sfc which found and corrected some bad files.  Was wondering if using recovery manager to re-install my HD 8570D graphics driver might work?  Thanks.

HP Recommended

Didn't the driver from the AMD website I posted the other day work for you?

If it didn't, then I guess you can try the driver from the recovery manager.

HP Recommended

Something must be missing since It also did not work.  Will try again by uninstalling the current driver first, disabling my Norton security, and re-trying?

HP Recommended

Yes, you can try that too.

HP Recommended

Just to let you know system is working great right now, but,  have gotten message that graphics driver stopped working and re-started itself twice today.  Some days it does not happen.  In googling the problem the first recommendation is that the graphics driver needs updating, but, of course when going thru HP I get message that all is up to date and using Windows update some of the other drivers(not graphic) had updates after the refresh.  Have re-installed the current driver 3 times since but, still get message.  Guess next step will be to try the recovery and see what happens.  Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Hopefully, you will get it sorted out.

Otherwise, you can always purchase a graphics card from AMD or nVidia.

Unfortunately, I don't know which ones would specifically work in your PC, so if that suggestion appeals to you, I recommend you start a new post on that subject.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.