Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z800

Can you tell me if the BIOS update of this gelding board adds support for the X56xx series processors?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

In the meantime, I've found answers elsewhere.
The SST25VF016B chip itself has a boot block that does not change when a new BIOS version is flashed.
This is stated to be done for security reasons.
If so, can anyone provide a binary file with firmware version 3 for writing to a new microcircuit for further replacement on the board?

HP Recommended

I also found the following information:
How update bootblock ?
I'm surprised that lot of people was looking for right rev.003 full image, not looking what we have - a /B option for DOS flasher. Just used it and my bootblock became a new one with 2018 BIOS version in some time. And - process look really long and looks like it hang. For more than minute. No progress, no numlock reaction - nothing. Don't panic, read what you have on screen, all fine, obey and go make some tea and not look on this f***ing thing - and it will end and be ok.

Can someone tell me what is right?
On the one hand, it would be strange that the manufacturer did not take care of the possibility of updating the BIOS for new equipment, on the other hand, there is information that a complete BIOS update is not taking place.
I would not want to experience it myself without knowing the result.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.