Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 19 All-in-One PC 19- 2113w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

So i upgraded RAM using Corsair DDR3 SODIMM 2x4GB 1600Mhz, after installation the PC starts up but the screen is blank/black

steps:

1. I tried with 1st socket using only one RAM, Screen Black/Blank

2. I tried with 2nd socket using only one RAM with the Same RAM of step 1, Screen Black/Blank

3. I tried step 1 and 2 using the other RAM, Screen Black/Blank

now here it gets interesting

4. Tried 1st socket using Original/Factory RAM, Screen Black/Blank

5. Tried 2nd socket using Original/Factory RAM, Screen Black/Blank

6. Tried without any RAM at all , it sounds the missing RAM sound, Screen Black/Blank

Now in every step taken i must say that the screen its not just not showing stuff but its totaly black like it doesnt power up at all, in the mean time the system starts up normaly.!

Is it Possible the RAM upgrade to affect the screen? or maybe when i was replacing the RAM i touched some cable conecting to screen or something?

HP 19 All-in-ONE PC

Product No.G4B06AA#ABA

Model No. 19-2113w

Windows 10 64 bit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Update

Removed the battery and hold the power button for 30sec (BIOS reset if i am not mistaken?) now it is working with the orginal RAM so i guess my new RAM its the problem!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Update

Removed the battery and hold the power button for 30sec (BIOS reset if i am not mistaken?) now it is working with the orginal RAM so i guess my new RAM its the problem!

HP Recommended

I had the same propblem with a bottom-of-the-line HP laptop (model 5AKVBD7M, unlit keyboard, unremovable battery) after at least two different updates even though it's only eight months old. After a lot of trial and error, I figured out the following "solution." I hold down the power button until both tiny white LED's on the left side go out (and I usually hear a tiny ping). I wait about a minute and try turning the PC on again. Sometimes it takes a few iterations, but I've always gotten it running again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.