Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Desktop - TP01-0145m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

C Drive for programs is far too small.  I have some robust software to install, and cannot get everything loaded.  C drive is only 118GB, while the D data drive is 931GB... I need to move space into the C Drive - but why was this setup this way? Stupid!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

this is easy stuff.

most programs  when installed, (99%) you click custom button (advanced) install and pick 😧

I have 100 programs installed on one PC here that way

some installers, run and fiddle about and pop up a

box  C:/program files............................

I change C do D and bingo same thing.

I run a C: SSD and never allow programs to install there,  use it saves some things in C:/users folder not much.

is 118GB is SDD? but if HDD that is way too old a HDD to have spinning now, you will lose  it all sone.

upgrade the 😧 to 4TB up they are cheap HDD. now. look see?

you can set it up anywhy you  want

ask at Microsoft community,  vast persons have for decades,   I have.

I even have my documents folder on 😧 (E really me , )  my 😧 is blueray  DIsk.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

It's a 1TB disk, partitioned with only 118GB for C:.  I was putting programs into D, then was experiencing freeze-ups and slow response.  It's a brand new machine from HP.  Didn't think that putting programs into D would cause problems, but another tech advised that it would cause the problems I was experiencing.  Would prefer just one single partition since I already use two external HD's for my data.

HP Recommended

Bonjour
you may be making a mistake
Your computer:

TP01-0145m Product Specifications

Internal Storage
1 TB 7200 rpm SATA
Hard drive (2nd)
128 GB SATA M.2 SSD

So you don't have two partitions, but a small SSD, and a bigger HDD normally for data
But not configured by default
You can already follow my answer here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Desktops/So-my-PC-came-with-a-1TB-hard-drive-how-do-I-find-wher...

You should actually be able to install programs on the Hard Disk, you should install them not move them to the Hard Disk
(I prefer to specify it!)
However, some programs will be faster if installed on the SSD
If you don't have a choice, make the most of it, and only install a few programs on the SSD, if they don't work with the HDD
Otherwise, all you have to do is find a bigger SSD

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Makes complete sense now.  Never saw this configuration when ordering.

HP Recommended

Curious, where did you buy it if not intrusive?
I have the link here of the HP sales site is clearly visible:

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-pavilion-desktop-tp01-0145m

8 GB memory; 1 TB HDD storage; 128 GB SSD storage

if the answer suits you, please validate

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.