Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen x 900
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to find the optical drive for this omen x 900-099nn model. 

Hp don't have them no more. Is there another way? Like use 880 model cd drive? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Matth88166 , welcome to the Community.

Since there is no mention of the drive in HP PartSurfer, I suggest that you try a USB CD/DVD drive.  I have been using a LG drive for several years with great success.  They are small, fast, and can be used with either your desktop or laptop computers.  I mainly use it for installing games and other apps from DVD's.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Well I'm just trying to find one that will fit in the slot in the machine just as long as its not external.  I'm sure there is a machine you can use to put one in. 

HP Recommended

@Matth88166 

You should choose a manufacturer and contact their Tech Support to see if they have an internal drive that will work in your computer case.

HP Recommended

Well i found a cd drive to fit its just now trying to find the latch to keep it up in the machine XD lol we all know everything is pretty much universal in the computer world so ill find what im looking for soon XD 

HP Recommended

@Matth88166 

I am glad that you found the drive.  HP does have some proprietary components, however.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.