Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 570-P094
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am currently reaching CPU (APU) temps of around 83 C with the AMD A12-9800 Bristol Ridge that is stock with my unit. I have upgraded to have a RX 560 Graphics card for better gaming and offloading some processes to the GPU, however as of late the CPU is showing temps that I am not sure if I should be worried about. I had to replace the stock fan from cooler master part of the built in Heatsink fan, I replaced the fan with a fan from the AMD Wraith Spire Cooler as the full heatsink would not fit due to the mounting screws not aligning. 

My biggest concern is if I may have applied too much thermel paste after replacing the fan (which is definitely more effecient than the stock, which was reaching hotter temps when it was dying), or if I need to find a better heatsink solution. I know the Willow2 motherboard is custom size which makes things difficult, but I want to have the most effecient cooling in the mini tower.

Any support is greatly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Kibadawolf93,

The MAX on that chip is 90 C, as explained here.

Why did you have to replace the Coolmaster fan with a fan from a Wraith Spire Cooler?

In some clarity, can you state which heatsink is mounted.  You stated the Wraith Spire Cooler heatsink would not fit/mount.

What were/are the specs on both fans in terms of RPM rating.

From the page references:

• Verify that there is unrestricted airflow to and from the CPU's heatsink and fan.
  • Move the computer away from other sources of heat, or to colder place.
  • Clean the CPU's heatsink and fan. Also clean other fans that are usually attached to your computer case.
  • Make sure that you use thermal paste when you install the CPU's heatsink.
  • Replace CPU's heatsink/fan with a more powerful one.
  • Add more fans to your case.
  • Replace the computer case with a case, that provides better airflow and more extensive cooling capabilities.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Kibadawolf93,

The MAX on that chip is 90 C, as explained here.

Why did you have to replace the Coolmaster fan with a fan from a Wraith Spire Cooler?

In some clarity, can you state which heatsink is mounted.  You stated the Wraith Spire Cooler heatsink would not fit/mount.

What were/are the specs on both fans in terms of RPM rating.

From the page references:

• Verify that there is unrestricted airflow to and from the CPU's heatsink and fan.
  • Move the computer away from other sources of heat, or to colder place.
  • Clean the CPU's heatsink and fan. Also clean other fans that are usually attached to your computer case.
  • Make sure that you use thermal paste when you install the CPU's heatsink.
  • Replace CPU's heatsink/fan with a more powerful one.
  • Add more fans to your case.
  • Replace the computer case with a case, that provides better airflow and more extensive cooling capabilities.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thank you, I had to replace the CPU fan do to the old stock cooler master FA08025M12LPA dying out on me. I kept the stock heat sink, but attached the wrath spire fan. The temps are far less than they used to be when the old stock fan was on and dying out.  I have definitely made sure to get a better thermal paste than what I previously had. As for the case, I am actually begining to look into that as the Pavilion 570-P094 is definitely lacking on the greatest of air flow. I am probably looking at switching the motherboard out as well down the line as I only have a port for 1 system fan.

Again thank you very much for the input!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.