Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion gaming desktop 690-0034 w/ Ryzen 7 2700 cpu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Everyone, 

I recently purchased the HP Pavilion gaming desktop 690-0034 with a ryzen 7 2700. I noticed the CPU is reaching temps of 80C after 15min of gaming. I understand that HP uses proprietary motherboards (sunflower?)so aftermarket cpu coolers tend not to be compatible. I am curious if anyone has upgraded their cpu cooler? On HP's website they claim that it is an AM$ socket, problem is it does not have the same AM4 brackets to attached a new cooler to nor is it the same rectangular shape for the mounting screws, HP's mounting screws are a perfect square. I also fear that I wont be able to attach a back plate to this motherboard. Literally any advise will be much appreciated. Are there any HP oem products I could use, or aftermarket? 80C is just too hot for me. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

There was a thread similar to yours about eight months ago in the HP Gaming Desktops board.

Same problem with the HP AM4 processor socket mounting points not matching the standard rectangular AM4 AIO Liquid Cooling backplate mounting points.

It was suggested to see if the Intel square CPU socket backplate would match the HP AM4 CPU socket modification.

The thread died. No solution was posted.

Additional information:

HP sometimes uses Asetek (Link) AIO CPU liquid cooling systems. Asetek makes 92 mm and 120 mm rad/fan units.

I don't know if either Asetek part would be compatible with your PC.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.