Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 500-223w

Can anyone share with me the HP part number for the CPU fan in the Pavilion 500-223w?  The HP Store basically says "out of stock" without identifying a part number.  The one I bought doesn't fit (according to the repairman).  Alternatively, any idea if a CPU fan for another Pavilion 500 series desktop will fit?  Thanks for your thoughts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Majiktiger, welcome to the forum.

If you haven't done so, you should give HP Partsurfer a try to see if it is available.  If it is available you will have the part number.  Also, did you look for the part # on the fan when you removed it?

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Majiktiger, welcome to the forum.

If you haven't done so, you should give HP Partsurfer a try to see if it is available.  If it is available you will have the part number.  Also, did you look for the part # on the fan when you removed it?

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

@Majiktiger,

According to repairman?  Now I am curious !!!

The CPU fan mounts on top of the heatsink with 4 screws. Did you actually remove the fan, because the manufacturer and part number is on the fan hub. 

Here is an example of the fan mounted on the heatsink.  Notice the fan screws.  That fan is a 4 pin PWM fan, and is likely 80mm. See size chart.

SR5510f case.JPG

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the great dialog. Although the HP Online Store didn't help, the PartSurfer did indeed give me a HP Part Number, and I was able to use that to buy from an online supplier.  My local parts store had provided a generic heatsink/fan that would have worked, except the generic attaches to the motherboard with "punch in" connectors and mine needed screws (which the HP-specific part had).  I'm NOT a repairman, and only had phonecall discussion, so I didn't have the part in front of me to find the part number.  Your reply is most appreciated and useful. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the expert dialog!  I did not remove the fan, and didn't have it in front of me to get a part number.  The HP online sales store said "out of stock" without providing a part number, but your recommendation of the PartSurfer was perfect.  With the HP specific part number I was able to purchase one online.  (The generic heatsink/fan from the local parts store fit the socket, but the connectors were not the required screws.)  Thank you for your advice - it was what I needed.

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @Majiktiger.  Thank you for the follow-up information.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.