Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy Phoenix 810-430qe-CTO

I have a HP ENVY Phoenix 810-430qe-CTO, I have noticed during game play the CPU liquid cooling fan is making a noise. It's kinda like a high pitched squeal. I have done some research on the noise and the best I can determine is that one of the bearings may be bad. The sound can only be heard during gameplay, during any other activity such as browsing the internet or streaming videos the sound is not heard. I was hoping I could order a repacement fan, however from the different searches I would have to order the whole sytem (fan, heatsink and radiator). Is there anyway I could order a replacement kit from HP or would I need to send the whole system back. I have also noticed that the removeable side panel has a dent on the bottom back corner and I would like to replace it as well. If I can order these parts what would be the price per item. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes. The fan can be replaced. 

Take a close look at it to determine whether it is a three or four pin type fan.

Make sure that the replacement fan is an identical size. Ensure that the replacement fan's airflow arrow is installed in the same direction as the original fan.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Sorry, but this is not sales or a business unit of HP.

The only official HP presence on the forum are the Community Managers and the Moderators.

Is your PC still under its warranty period?

If it is, then contact HP for warranty service. See the following HP web page.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/product/HP-ENVY-Phoenix-810-400-Desktop-PC-series/7477706/mo...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Unfortently it is no longer under warranty.  However the noise has seemed to have stopped. I do have a question, would I be able to just replace the fan that is attached to the radiator or would I have to purchaset the whole cooling system?

HP Recommended

Yes. The fan can be replaced. 

Take a close look at it to determine whether it is a three or four pin type fan.

Make sure that the replacement fan is an identical size. Ensure that the replacement fan's airflow arrow is installed in the same direction as the original fan.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.