Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 580-023w Power Desktop
I been researching about my pc and motherboard for this upgrade. In the desktop processor upgrades it says I can go to a i7 7700 but I want to upgrade to a i7 7700k. So I go to my motherboard's page and it says I can do that. So my questiom is Can I upgrade my cpu to a i7 7700k?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

Your motherboard (Odense2-k) will support the 7700k, (only with Ariia+ chassis).

The general specifications for your specific product (580-023w) only support up to the i7-7700.

It would appear your chassis is not an Ariia+ chassis.

Based on these facts I would say you cannot upgrade to an i7-7700k processor.

My guess is this is due to the width of your PC's chassis (6.5 inches). It will be very hard to fine a suitable CPU heatsink/fan (or AIO liquid cooling solution) that will fit in your chassis.

Inadequate CPU cooling wil make for a bad experience.

Tom

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi

Your motherboard (Odense2-k) will support the 7700k, (only with Ariia+ chassis).

The general specifications for your specific product (580-023w) only support up to the i7-7700.

It would appear your chassis is not an Ariia+ chassis.

Based on these facts I would say you cannot upgrade to an i7-7700k processor.

My guess is this is due to the width of your PC's chassis (6.5 inches). It will be very hard to fine a suitable CPU heatsink/fan (or AIO liquid cooling solution) that will fit in your chassis.

Inadequate CPU cooling wil make for a bad experience.

Tom

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.