Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP T620 Plus Flexible Thin Client
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently bought an HP T620 Plus Flexible Thin Client (new old stock, without warranty). All the components are working fine except for the AMD GX-420CA CPU. The CPU is running at around 40-55°C. No matter what I do, the maximum CPU frequency is stuck at 800MHz (100MHz base clock * 8x multiplier). What can I do?

What I tried so far and did NOT work:

• Update BIOS to the latest version
  • Reset BIOS (under BIOS option)
  • Reset BIOS (by removing CMOS battery)
  • Reapply CPU thermal paste
  • Run HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI (it says the system is working properly)
  • Adjust CPU throttling using ThrottleStop (CPU not supported)
  • Reinstall Windows 10
  • Update all drivers
  • Switch to High-Performance mode with 100% minimum and maximum processor state

Additional information:

• I am using the original power supply
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Restart your computer and go into the SETTINGS mode. Find the FAN option and set it to DYNAMIC. This way if your CPU is very active, so your fan will be. If your CPU is at rest, the fan will go silent too.

Duck Grobbelaar
HP Recommended

Duck786, thank you for your reply! I am not quite sure what does SETTINGS mode mean. As I have mentioned before, I have already set the computer into high performance mode, with active cooling policy. Besides, I cannot find any FAN option in BIOS setting neither. In my opinion, the computer is not suffering from CPU throttling problem, as I have reinstalled the CPU cooler properly and the CPU clock still is always stuck at 800 MHz (even I am performing a cooled start). Anyways, thanks for your help again!

ss.jpg

ss2.png

HP Recommended

I mean switch off the computer and when the HP logo appear press F10.

Duck Grobbelaar
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.