Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
4GT52EA#ACB
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The fan is changeing speed from about 1340 to 1440 RPM every 3 to 4 seconds as is evidenced in the BIOS under Power/Thermal. It is a very distracting sound especially in a quiet room. This PC was purchased o 2019 so is essentially brand new. It started a few hours after I took it outo of the package and turned it on. I just recieved it back from repair for the second time and turned it on and it is doing the same thing. Has anyone else out there experienced the same thing and if so what was done to fix it? The only option that HP gives me is to send it back which would be acceptable if they would fix it.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I would suggest using the warranty again.

Is this happening before you install any software or before doing any modifications to the PC after receiving the PC from the HP Service Center?

Will notify a moderator. No guarantees if you will receive additional support.

Regards

HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.