Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion p6832w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This Pavilion model says the max TDP for a CPU is 95w yet it supports Phenom II x6 1090T which has a TDP of 125w. Can I use the 1090T or should I look for another?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@NoodleMan101 , welcome to the forum.

@NoodleMan101 wrote:

This Pavilion model says the max TDP for a CPU is 95w yet it supports Phenom II x6 1090T which has a TDP of 125w. Can I use the 1090T or should I look for another?

The 1090T was released in April, 2010.  Your computer was released in May, 2011.  I believe that HP's specifications would most likely have covered up to the 1065T which was the last of the Phenom processors to require 95W.  My belief is based on my knowledge that HP was not keeping up with the latest, greatest components like they do now.  I have been helping on these Forums since 2002.  So, I have watched their evolution very closely.

Here is an article that has all of the information on the processors for you: https://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K10/TYPE-Phenom%20II%20X6.html

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.