Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteDesk 705 G4 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all,

I am willing to upgrade the current CPU (AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 2400G) to AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 2700. Reading on the net I found that there might be incompatibility issues with the BIOS family version (Q15, Q16, Q19) saying that it only can be used on Q19 versions. My desktop has the Q16 version, so I want to ask (a) if this is actually true and (b) can the Q16 somehow be changed to Q19?

Thank you for your time,

Dimitris P.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, it's up to you to see if you take the risk
but in general, it seems to me that the reseller, does not make too much history, if not compatible it can be refunded
Ask advice before purchase can be

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

hi

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-elitedesk-705-g4-small-form-factor-pc/21353680/manuals

see in the documents here
but it seems to me that there is no reference for this model
so no certainty

bios:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitedesk-705-g4-small-form-factor-pc/21353680

Description:

This package is used to update the System BIOS on HP Business Desktop models with Q15, Q16 and Q19 Family BIOS.

Fix and enhancements:

- Fixes an issue where Security Device Error message pop out after enable Power-on Password.
NOTE: Due to HP Sure Admin feature support, system is not compatible with older BIOS version once it is enabled, attempts to install older BIOS versions will be blocked.

This BIOS upgrade package also includes the following firmware versions: (only list appropriate ones)
SIO19 F/W 7.9.51
AMD VBIOS 015.048.000.070 (Q15)
016.002.000.007 (Q16)
AMD GOP 1.59.0.0.0 (Q15)
2.4.0.0.0 (Q16)
USB Type-C PD firmware FW 6.8.0
Realtek PXE rom 2.1
Realtek UEFI PXE rom 2.043
- Updates AMD Raven/Bristol Ridge Agesa reference code to 1.1.0.C.
- Updates AMD Pinnacle Ridge Agesa reference code to 1.0.0.B

see the fixes here of several maj
if a processor is not listed, nothing can be certified

sorry i can't read everything
if the processor is not listed, but you have seen that it can work, the choice is yours!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, this is not certain even on HP manuals. On this one, only 2400G and 2200G are being referenced, while on this one, you can see all the options (even 2700x). You understand, that buying a CPU that might not be compatible can be considered as waste of money and not an invest.

Thank you,

Dimitris

HP Recommended

Yes, it's up to you to see if you take the risk
but in general, it seems to me that the reseller, does not make too much history, if not compatible it can be refunded
Ask advice before purchase can be

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.