Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 3
61 36 4 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Cable P/N for HP LSI 9217-4i4e SAS card?

HP Recommended
Z440
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Spinning my wheels on this. I have a HP LSI 9217-4i4e SAS adapter in my (new to me) Z440. I can't for the life of me find the correct internal cable to hook up my four SAS drives. The SAS card only has a single connector at the back, as far as internal connectors go; although new, it didn't come with any cabling.

I obviously need a "breakout" cable: male SAS that plugs into the end of the controller card, ending on the other side in 4x mini-SAS to plug into the drives. All I can find is miniSAS to 4x SATA adapter cables. The LSI documentation doesn't list any part numbers at all. Obviously, this is a widely-used part. Can anyone tell me what it is and where to get it? I'll bet there are a zillion of them out there... Years ago I used LSI SAS cojntrollers that had 4x miniSAS plugs onboard. All you needed to was plug in a cable that had 4x miniSAS on one end to go onto the board, and 4x combined power/SAS connectors to plug into the drives. More generic, I guess, than the more modern cards, for internal cables.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
61 36 4 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Of course, a few seconds after posting this I found the answer: The cable is SFF8087 to 4x SFF8482, and as I suspected, is commonly available.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation