Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop TE01-1165t

I want upgrade my graphics card and I want to use RTX 2060 dual-fan but I’m unsure if it will fit or even work this is my first desktop so any advice will be helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Vans21 , welcome to the Community.

The motherboard in your computer is HP proprietary. It has a 4-pin power connector instead of a standard 24-pin ATX power connector. You will have to buy any PSU upgrade from HP.  The RTX 2060 video cards that I researched require a minimum of a 500W PSU.  HP sells a 500W PSU (L05757-800) that should be compatible with your motherboard.  You can order it by clicking the box next to "Add to Cart".  If you are planning more upgrades this PSU may not be enough.  Your PSU is only 400W.

Here is a Power Supply Cross Reference Chart that will show you where I got the information.  Your model is not on the chart, but all of the TE01 series have the same power connector.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

unless its a SFF computer you should be fine on that front.

HP Recommended

hi

you must check the manufacturer data

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-desktop-pc-te01-1000i/32480777/model/37676349/document/...
Check against your current card, it should not be much larger
Also check if all the additional connectors (pci power supply) required are available if needed!

take a look Gaming Knowledge Base   @old_geekster 

Upgrade Video Card

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Vans21 , welcome to the Community.

The motherboard in your computer is HP proprietary. It has a 4-pin power connector instead of a standard 24-pin ATX power connector. You will have to buy any PSU upgrade from HP.  The RTX 2060 video cards that I researched require a minimum of a 500W PSU.  HP sells a 500W PSU (L05757-800) that should be compatible with your motherboard.  You can order it by clicking the box next to "Add to Cart".  If you are planning more upgrades this PSU may not be enough.  Your PSU is only 400W.

Here is a Power Supply Cross Reference Chart that will show you where I got the information.  Your model is not on the chart, but all of the TE01 series have the same power connector.

HP Recommended

sorry I'm new to upgrading and this my first desktop I'm not sure what a "SFF" is.   

HP Recommended

Thank you for this information I really apricate it ill use to the best I can. 

HP Recommended

thank you I  really appreciate it, ill look into it.   

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Vans21!

@Vans21 wrote:

thank you I  really appreciate it, ill look into it.   

A SFF is a Small Form Factor computer.  This is not a concern for you.  Yours is a full size computer.

There are numerous videos and guides online to help you learn to upgrade computers.  This one of my favorites: https://www.youtube.com/user/Jayztwocents

Just hang in there and some day you will be answering questions here in the Community! 😉

Here at JayzTwoCents we strive to create informed and intelligent buyers when it comes to PC building. Whether it be computers, components, or how-to content, you will leave with more confidence in your ability to troubleshoot, fix and build your next PC!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.